There’s no doubt about it, the weather is heating up! Check out our newest post for information on how to stay safe, and stay cool.
As always, call or stop by for all of your physical therapy needs!
Best wishes for a healthy and safe summer season,
Bird Physical Therapy
Have you heard about the #ChoosePT movement to end Opioid abuse?
Over the past several years opioid abuse has become an epidemic in this country. Chronic use of opioids leads to addiction, misuse, altered pain perception, and even death. The CDC has encouraged the use of Physical Therapy as a safe, non-pharmaceutical form of pain management. View the flyer below or visit MoveForwardPT.com for more information.
If you wish to be evaluated by a physical therapist we would love to help!
Spring has SPRUNG (well, almost…)! As you begin your Spring gardening, browse these helpful tips to prevent those aches and pains that often come along with it. We wish you a happy and healthy Spring!
Have you ever wondered what is the appropriate situation to use ice or heat for an injury? Here are some helpful guidelines and suggestions to help ease your pain!!
Positivity is key! There are many things that can enhance a therapy session, one simple way could be to have a positive outlook! Positive thinking, positive results!
Did you know that February is Heart Disease Awareness month? Well here at Bird Physical Therapy we want you to stay informed and healthy, so here are some facts that you need to know in order to reduce the risk of Heart Disease!
Click the picture below to learn more about ways to reduce low back pain and prevent further discomfort.
October is national Physical Therapy month!
We love providing therapy to all of our patients at Bird Physical Therapy! Help us celebrate PT month by telling us about your favorite physical therapist! Be sure to use #ILOVEMYPT and mention Bird PT!
Did you know?
Kansas has made a recent change to direct access PT? You are no longer required to have a physician’s referral to see a Physical Therapist! If you or someone you know would like to start therapy, save time and money by referring yourself to PT! Give us a call or visit to set up an initial evaluation with one of our therapists and you too can soon love your PT!
What Does Healthy Skin Mean to you ?
Want to know how to keep your skin looking healthy? Starting a regular routine to keep your skin looking young and radiant at a young age is very important. There are several basic ways to start your way towards healthy skin habits!
- Protect your skin from the sun– Apply sun screen with at least SPF 15 and be sure to reapply every 2 hours. Sun rays are the strongest from 10 am to 2 pm; seek shade during those hours. Also, wear protective clothing such as wide brimmed hats or light long sleeve shirts to block harmful rays.
- Don’t Smoke– Smoking leads to wrinkles by decreasing the amount of oxygen and nutrients available to your skin.
- Gentle Measures– Daily cleansing and shaving can damage your skin. Hot water and long showers remove the natural oils and dry out your skin. Also, moisturize your skin daily that is for your skin type.
- Eating Healthy– Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Research suggests that a diet rich in Vitamin C and low in saturated fats and processed carbohydrates might promote healthier looking skin.
- Manage your Stress– Uncontrolled stress can cause your skin to be more sensitive and lead to skin problems. Scale back your to-do list and spend time doing hobbies you enjoy!
- Skin Checks– Skin cancer is the most common of all cancers. Checking your skin once a month can lead to early detection and improved outcomes. What to look for? Skin growths that increases in size, changes color or texture, has an irregular outline, an open sore that will not heal or is painful.
Visit here for more information: