Prevent Injury with Simple Tips
Many people have poor posture due to bad habits or poor ergonomic environments. Poor posture can cause back pain or even damage spinal structures. Fortunately, the main factors affecting posture and ergonomics are completely within one’s ability to control and are not difficult to change.
Follow these simple tips on posture to help prevent injury:
- Know the warning signs of back pain caused by poor ergonomics and posture.
- Get up and move. Take breaks from your desk every half hour.
- Stretch your arms, shoulders, chest, neck, back, and thighs.
- Keep the body in alignment while sitting in a chair or while standing.
- Use posture-friendly props and ergonomic office chairs when sitting.
- Increase awareness of posture and ergonomics in everyday settings.
- Use exercise to help prevent injury and promote good posture.
- Wear supportive footwear when standing.
- Remember good posture and ergonomics when in motion.
- Create ergonomic physical environments and workspaces, such as in an office chair at a computer.
- Avoid overprotecting posture.
More info can be seen at this link:
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact Bird Physical Therapy – (785) 331-0106